Monday, February 11, 2013

Stain Remover

There were a couple stains (one really bad one) on the carpet in the bedroom of our old apartment.  The landlord said he wanted to replace the carpet because of them, and we'd have to pay for it.  Well, I we sure that with my super awesome pinning skills, I would be able to find a way to get those stains out!
...I tried.  The big stain was too much for me.  I faded it a LOT, (and, in the process, fluffed the carpet), so we'll see what he says.  BUT the stain remover idea I used worked very well on the other stains.

 
Step One - - Mix Solution
1 part Dawn Dish Soap
2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide
I just mixed the two in a plastic cup and stirred it with a knife.  Also, I totally guesstimated about the quantities.
 
Step Two - - Pour or spray on stain
I just poured the solution right on the stains.  Then I worked it in a little bit with the knife.  It was very sudsy.


Step 3 - - Rub into stain
I took a rag and worked the stuff right into the carpet.  It's best to work at it from different angles so that you get the solution on all parts of the stain.

Step 4 - - Soak up with a dry rag, then vacuum
Do that and hopefully the stain will be gone!  Like I said, it only faded the really bad stain (sorry, I forgot to take a picture).  I heard that red doesn't come out of carpets - - and my stain was orange.  Better luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment