Thursday, January 17, 2013

Homemade Cleaners: Recipes

Today my project is one that I have been wanting to do for a very long time. Finally I found the recipes I wanted to use and bought the things I needed. Can I just say that I love these cleaners?! They are fantastic - - and, like the author of the recipes, I can't believe how much water is in each of them!  Why have I been paying so much all these years for bottles of water??  The window cleaner

I got the recipes for these cleaners from a lovely blog to which I was directed from Pinterest called Little Miss Robinson. Here is her post about the cleaners, and I'll share my experience below.

All you need to make every single one of these cleaners is the following:
  • White Vinegar (total 15oz.)
  • Dish Soap (total 12oz.)
  • Laundry Detergent (Total approximately 2Tbsp.)
  • White Ammonia (Total 1oz. plus 1 tsp.)
  • Rubbing Alcohol (Total 9oz.)
  • Fabric Softener (Total 1oz.)
  • Baking Soda (Total 2Tbsp.)
  • Bleach (Total 2oz.)
  • Essential Oil of choice (Total several drops)
  • Funnel*
  • Empty Spray Bottles (see my post here for what I did to prepare my bottles)
*I didn't have a funnel, so I used tin foil.  Just be very careful not to mix ammonia with bleach.  Make a new funnel out of foil, or wash your funnel, between each cleaner.

Cleaner #1: Kitchen Cleaner [also known as Blessing in a Bottle]
This stuff is amazing!  It cuts through grease and grime like nothing else.  I love this stuff.

Kitchen Cleaner
12oz. White Vinegar
12oz. Dish Soap
A little Laundry Detergent
 
The laundry soap in this recipe is just to cover up some of the vinegar smell.  You could probably also use some essential oils if you wanted.
 
 
Cleaner #2: Window Cleaner
This window cleaner works better than Windex.  It's wonderful!!
 
Window Cleaner
1 oz. White Ammonia
4 oz. Rubbing Alcohol
1 drop Laundry Detergent
18oz. Water
 
Cleaner #3: Air Freshner [Fabreeze]
I really like this one.  You can choose the scent of the fabric softener you use, and your whole house can smell like it!  The only thing about this cleaner is that it separates in the bottle - - so you'll want to shake it up before you use it.  The smell also doesn't seem to last long after it's sprayed... but I don't think Fabreeze actually lasts any longer anyways.
 
Air Freshner
1oz scented Fabric Softener
2 Tbsp. Baking Soda
23oz. Water
 
Cleaner #4: Bleach Cleaner
This is a must in any household.
 
Bleach Cleaner
2oz. Bleach
1 tsp. Laundry Detergent
22oz. Water
 

Cleaner #5: All-Purpose Cleaner [The "Cure-All"]
Wow.  This one is great!!  Sarah (the original poster of these recipies) says that this is the cleaner she uses most often.  It will be mine, too - - I can't believe what a great cleaner this is!!
 
All-Purpose Cleaner
5oz. Rubbing Alcohol
3oz. White Vinegar
1tsp. Laundry Detergent
1tsp. White Ammonia
2 drops Essential Oils (I used Lime, and love it!)
15oz. Water
 
I hope this post helps you make your own home cleaners.  Let me know what you think below!`








 


No comments:

Post a Comment