Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Family Prayer Board

"Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them." ~ Deuteronomy 4:9 (NIV)

We have been trying so hard to pray as a family.  It's hard sometimes, though, to remember what we should be praying for - - and who we should be praying for.  I feel like so often I tell people I will pray for them - - and I always say a quick prayer right then, but I don't always follow through and continue to pray for them.

I came up with this idea while changing my son's diaper, actually - don't ask me why.  I wanted to make a display where we could write down things that we should be praying for.  Whenever someone asks for prayer, or whenever we have something that we should be praying about (or praising God for, certainly!) we now have somewhere to write it down.

All I did was bought a chalkboard from Staples, then used white paint to write "Prayers" on it.  Now we can write our prayers on the board, and we see them all the time.  Whenever we see it, we can say a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment