Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Smaller Things



I've decided to stop stressing about what I accomplish during the day, and start enjoying the smaller things... because really, the smaller things are not small at all!

Today's accomplishments: I trimmed both the boys' nails, did one load of dishes, and cleaned up all of the toys in the house at the end of the day.  I also swept and mopped the downstairs quickly while waiting for our pizza to be delivered (yes, that's right - - I didn't even make dinner!!).

Today's joys: I snuggled with the Peanut, had lunch with the Love Bug, we went shopping with very few tears, I bought a new purse, and almost every time my son asked to sit in my lap, I was able to say yes!  I got some work done for church (which I consider pure joy).  I even got some quality time with my husband before he was called in to work today (last day of being on call, and he gets a three day weekend)!

I'm glad today's joys outweighed the accomplishments, because finding joy in what you do is so much more important than finishing tasks.

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!" ~ Psalm 126:3

Gotta love nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment