Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cleaning for Company?

You know, I always find myself in a rush trying to get the house clean for company.  I feel like Deborah in Everybody Loves Raymond... you know that episode?  The one where they get into a huge fight about cleaning the house before their friends come over, and then end up going to an unsuccessful counseling session?  Raymond attests that if they clean the house to make it look "different than it does," it's like lying.

"But this is how the house should always look!!" Deborah asserts.  Yes, we wish.

When I was working, I always wished that I could stay at home because the house would be so much cleaner... all the time!  HA!  If only I could go back in time and tell my past self what life is really like staying at home.

Well, today I'm working to make the apartment look like it "always should look" because my mom and sisters are coming over tonight to babysit.  Babysitting means they'll not only be in the living room, but they'll be all over the house - - sitting on the bathroom floor to bathe the Little Man, dishing up their dinner in the kitchen, and in our bedroom to put him down for bedtime.  Yikes!  Boy, does that horrify me right now... better get to it!

"Whatever you do, work at it heartily, as for the Lord and not men..."
~ Colossians 3:23
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment