Monday, December 31, 2012

Blessings from Blessings?

What did you get for Christmas?

I've been thinking about the few things I received from family and friends: a small journal, several games, restaurant gift cards, candy, and a CD.  (I got more gifts than these, but these are the few that fit in with this post.)

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. ~ Ephesians 2:10

I believe strongly in using what God has blessed me with to bless others.  Christmas gifts fall under this category.  So I've been thinking, how can I use what the Lord has blessed me with to touch others for His kingdom?  Here's what I came up with:

CD - - I got a Toby Mac CD (a Christian artist).  I plan to use this to bless my family by playing Christian music more often, and Netflix less.  This will help us to keep our focus on the Savior all day long, and when we do that, we'll be more of a blessing to others in our everyday lives.

Small Journal - - I. LOVE. JOURNALS!!  That's probably why I get at least one each year for Christmas and my birthday.  The problem is figuring out what I want to use each journal for.  I decided that this one, since it is so small, will be for logging my blog ideas.  So often I think of something I want to write about, then by the time I sit down at the computer I can't remember what it was!  Hopefully when I plan out my posts a little better, this blog will start to be a blessing to people.

Games - - We love board games, and have quite the collection.  When people come over, that's what we do.  We'll share our new games (as well as our old ones) with people and have some fun with them.

Gift Cards - - My husband and I have been trying to get to know people from our church more, so we invited some people out to dinner.  With these gift cards, it allows us to treat - - even when we have no money!  I just love blessing people in this way.

Candy - - Okay, fine... I'll share with my husband ;)

What did you get for Christmas?  How can you use it to be a blessing to someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment