Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Cookie Conundrum

I thought that once I was an adult I would be able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want.  With a toddler in the house, I sometimes feel like I'm the little kid "sneaking cookies" and my toddler is the parent... because he can't have a cookie at 9:30 in the morning.

This morning I sit here with my toddler yelling "NO!  No, no, no, no!" and hitting my chair because I told him he couldn't have a cookie until lunch time.

I ignore this behavior that is clearly for the purpose of getting my attention.

And I wish he would leave the room so I can eat a cookie.

He leaves.  I grab one.

He comes back.  Cookie in my pocket.

Out again.  Stuffing my face... until he catches me.

Deer in headlights.  Did he see it?

Waiting...

No.

Gone again.  Chocolate peanut butter goodness.

The cookie's gone.  My toddler isn't.  More cookies tempting me on the table... it's all going to start again, isn't it?

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment