Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Baking with a Toddler

Oh, my!  Baking with my toddler has proved to be the most patience-trying and rewarding thing we have done together in a long time!  If you haven't tried it, I highly suggest you do.  Just make sure you set up the atmosphere so that you will have as much patience as a cat waiting for her prey.  The Love Bug and I had so much fun!  We've baked an ice cream cake, a coffee cake, and cookies together so far!





 
The cookies, I have to say, were the biggest challenge for me.  We (yes, WE - - as in my toddler and I) had just swept the whole house, and then we decided to bake cookies from scratch...  lots of patience when he flung flour and cocoa all over himself and the kitchen!  He had so much fun, though, and it was fun to watch his face as he realized that we were making cookies that he could then eat!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment